That Protestants are really tough and gutsy. Here’s why.
Two people are crossing a desert on foot. One of them packs plenty of water and supplies and goes with a group that knows the way. The other crosses alone, with just a little water and a little food.
The first one is a Catholic, who can count on the Eucharist (1 Kings 19:3-8) and Confession for sustenance and strength on the journey, and who has the Church for guide and support in interpreting the faith and the Scriptures.
The second is a Protestant, who has Baptism, grace, and contact with God in prayer (Catholics have all that too), but is essentially left alone in discovering the meaning of what we read in the Bible.
Both have good will, both are on the right track, both can get there. But it takes a lot of guts to choose to be the second one. I, for one, certainly wouldn’t. Call me a wimp if you will.
God bless you!
- Father Shane
- allthewrongadvices likes this
- arguewithatree likes this
- camelmcg likes this
- goldenasset likes this
- danganrangers likes this
- mhehs likes this
- riotouscorre likes this
- benckendorfs likes this
- mrwcase likes this
- ihatecalculuswithaburningpassion likes this
- bethmeetsworld likes this
- thebeebakery likes this
- acinderblock likes this
- hisgraceislikerain likes this
- half-formed-things likes this
- ianvijay likes this
- ksbrigid said: What a fantastic description! Thanks. God bless you and your work here, Father Shane!
- azil2u likes this
- ragingpete likes this
- emitandexude likes this
- rbadua likes this
- halizanderthegreat likes this
- 8-methyl-n-vanillyl-6-nonenamide likes this
- fathershane posted this