— United States Catholic Bishops (May 5, 1846)
We take this occasion, brethren, to communicate to you the determination, unanimously adopted by us, to place ourselves and all entrusted to our charge throughout the United States, under the special patronage of the holy Mother of God, whose Immaculate Conception is venerated by the piety of the faithful throughout the Catholic Church.
By the aid of her prayers, we entertain the confident hope that we will be strengthened to perform the arduous duties of our ministry, and that you will be enabled to practice the sublime virtues, of which her life presents the most perfect example.
- mrwcase likes this
- lilitufel likes this
- fathershane reblogged this from bishopfeed
- elysiankitty reblogged this from badwolfcomplex
- nerdynerdface likes this
- thepapacyisfantastic reblogged this from badwolfcomplex
- thepapacyisfantastic likes this
- badwolfcomplex reblogged this from bishopfeed
- acatholicrose reblogged this from bishopfeed
- bishopfeed posted this